Re: (ET) Alltrax Controllers and speeds

I ended up making a 7-step thing like Chris suggested for a 4QD
controller because I wanted to preserve the throttle lever and was too
lazy to try to link a pot to it mechanically.  It seems OK, but I don't
ask much of this particular tractor.

>>> "john briese" <goodguyforsure hotmail com> 10/25/2004 8:21:24 AM

What a step back that would be.... Have had my alltrax for better part
of
the summer and I love it.  It now works like anything else with a
throttle,
more is faster...without steps! And I get instant direction changes
without
having to even lift off the throttle. And thus far..no maintenance. I
can't
wait till pushing snow. In cold weather I used have to wait between
forward
and reverse..some relay somewhere didn't like the cold.
John Briese
I-5

>From: Chris Zach <czach computer org>
>To: Elec-trak list <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
>Subject: Re: (ET) Alltrax Controllers and speeds
>Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:47:02 -0400
>
>Altrax thought for E20 people.
>
>Yaknow, one could make a small resistor bridge as input to the
alltrax,
>connected to the throttle switches for the foot throttle. Then one
would
>have 8 discrete speeds without speeds jumping all over the place. Kind
of
>like an 8 way cruise control.
>
>Of course you'd be back to the same place as with contactors, but I
>maintain that infinite control of speed is not needed in a lawn
tractor
>that has 32 speeds already.
>
>Chris

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents
attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone
else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be
taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of
this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard
copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this
email. Thank you.