Re: (ET) Alltrax Controllers and speeds

What a step back that would be.... Have had my alltrax for better part of the summer and I love it. It now works like anything else with a throttle, more is faster...without steps! And I get instant direction changes without having to even lift off the throttle. And thus far..no maintenance. I can't wait till pushing snow. In cold weather I used have to wait between forward and reverse..some relay somewhere didn't like the cold.
John Briese
I-5

From: Chris Zach <czach computer org>
To: Elec-trak list <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) Alltrax Controllers and speeds
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:47:02 -0400

Altrax thought for E20 people.

Yaknow, one could make a small resistor bridge as input to the alltrax, connected to the throttle switches for the foot throttle. Then one would have 8 discrete speeds without speeds jumping all over the place. Kind of like an 8 way cruise control.

Of course you'd be back to the same place as with contactors, but I maintain that infinite control of speed is not needed in a lawn tractor that has 32 speeds already.

Chris