Re: (ET) Alltrax Controllers and speeds

Mine is setup on a relay, so that the brake pedal takes it out. I think that another person on list even has the foot throttle take it out, but I didn't go that route. The brake switch works very well.
John Briese

From: Mark Bahlke <mbahlke pcocd2 intel com>
To: john briese <goodguyforsure hotmail com>
Subject: Re: (ET) Alltrax Controllers and speeds
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

This all sounds good, but what comes to mind is, how do you "take your foot off" quickly, if you have a pot, or some kind of hand control? If you have to stop
suddenly, remembering to reach for the hand control, and moving it in the
correct direction could take critical time. Lifting your foot from a throttle
is much more reflexive, and quick.
That would seem to me to be a strategic weakness of this approach (maybe the
only one).

Mark