Re: (ET) mower motor misc.

#1 I am note sure I understand your description.  On my units all of the keyed shaft flanges slide freely back and fourth on the shaft (I put a dab of antisieze when I reassemble).  When the blade bolt is torqued I believe it pulls the flange down on the end of the shaft.  The flange is one piece and the shaft end is not visible when assembled.

#2 I would run without blades on 36 and check total power draw (less than 18 amps?) and listen for vibration.  Even if everything looks and sounds good, don't be surprised if the bearings need replacemnt in the next year or two.  They will make lots of noise and or draw lots of power.
Thon Basom <tbamc gbta net> wrote:
I'm trying to resurrect an E12M and have a couple questions I couldn't find
answers to in the archives:

1. Is, what I presume is called the blade holder, supposed to be flush with
the end of the motor shaft? On 2 out of 3 of mine the shaft sits about
1/16" or so proud of the holder.

2. All my motors turn easily, and spin when 12v is briefly applied.
However, if I spin one by hand, neither of the other 2 will spin. A couple
times the archives have mentioned this. Should I probe this further before
hooking all up to 36v?

Many thanks.
Thon

---