(ET) mower motor misc.

Thanks for the replies.  I managed to get one of the flanged pieces off the
motor shaft (the other is 'soaking' <g>.  It has a center section, about
the
size of a dime, with the threads for the bolt.  That section has a
'toothed'
edge--again, kind of like a dime--that I was able to push back down flush
with the rest of the flanged piece by putting it all in a vice. I'd guess
this center piece isn't really supposed to move, and maybe was originally
fixed in some way?  Mine look like they may have been 'worked on' more than
once in the past 30 years. ;-)
Thon
---