RE: (ET) Ammeter observations

John,

thanks for your measurements. It seems to indicate that my measurements
follow a similar trend but are in general a bit higher which is probably
due to two factors. 1. the E12 has a smaller motor and 2. my ammeter
(small analogue meter intended for testing of automotive
starter/alternator
system is prob. not calibrated and may be a bit off. Assuming that
our power meter gauges are the same (they probably have some deviation)
this
is shown by your measurements of the green/yellow transition at 60A, with
my
meter it shows about 75A.
I believe your relatively low peak current is due the digital meter which
doesn't show you the spikes as the meter I had went up to its max at 400A
for the first moment of start up in high gear (plus you have a smaller
motor).

I think the E12 has a permanent magnet motor, right?

In any case I wondered why your Amperage would stay the same over the
different
speed ranges in a particular gear. I can't come up with an explanation why
that would be. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Markus