(ET) Ammeter observations

Since I had use of a good clamp-on ammeter with a remote
inductive pickup, I decided to do some testing.

With a pack that's basically fully charged, but well used (long
in the tooth if you will).....

Mower only (large motors) 18A in free air, 20A on ground cutting
in "L".

Drive motor - (slight uphill grade, on pavement:
"LL" = 13A all "speeds"
"L" = 20A all speeds
"D1" = 29A all speeds
"D2" = 39A all speeds

Mowing: drive current ~ 20-25A typical, surge 40A (uphill or
turning), deck current 20A-40A depending on grass density.

The Factory GE ammeter is very linear, with the Green/Yellow
upper border representing about 60A (very voltage stable), and
the Yellow/Red border is about 100A.  During mowing, the ammeter
would read ~45A, which was indeed, 2/3 of the upper GREEN scale.
 Under heavier loads, it would just reach the upper Green/Yellow
border and register 60A on the meter.  Being a digital meter, it
was very difficult to coorilate the analog scale during rapid
changes in load, but I found the factory scale to be very
consistant over my 40 minutes of mowing with respect to the
digital.

=====
John G, '73 E12