Re: (ET) Controller repair on the E20

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 17:18:05 -0400, Christopher Zach did scribe:
> However after running that shunt gets *HOT*. As in very hot to the
> touch. The bolts and wires are fine; just the shunt is hot. Is this
> normal?

It seems to be.  I presume that this is the reason it is mounted on the
thermally insulated posts.  I had a very similar problem last year and
replaced the shunt, posts, connectors and all.  With the brand new setup
it still runs hot.

I'd strongly suggest giving these connections a close visual inspection on
a regular basis to try to catch any problems early.

- Tom Coate
E-20, Leesburg VA