Re: (ET) How do you remove the mower motor flanges?

Chris,
I had the same problem pulling the motor (and the
mower blade and bolt was rusted on the rotor shaft).
I cut the rotor shaft off and used a cutting saw to
cut the motor case flush with the casting.  After
doing this I determined the motor housing was fixed in
the casting somehow.
So I rebuilt my assembly with a brushless DC motor
and one of my integrated controls from work.
Not recommending this for anybody else, just
commenting on the motor attachment to the casting.
I can send pictures of the end assembly if you are
interested.
Rod.