(ET) ET survival

Hello Everyone,

As a E15 owner and long time EV'er I want to see the ET's continue.  But I don't think offering money to some one who obviously dosen't want to be in business anymore is foolish.  Instead of all the conjecture why dosent Bill respond to this list directly?  Surely somone would offer him the use of their PC if he dosen't have one.  He didn't put forth much effort in my experiences with him.  Perhaps he had given up by then.

 A lot of the parts used in the ET's are also used in Golf Cars.  Both meters are still available from golf car part suppliers.
All of the sheet metal except for the fenders are easily made by your local sheet metal fabicators.  I had a new frame bent up that was better than the original for $65.  Peerless still makes the transaxles or something similar.  Fenders can be made from a double axle trailer fender cut in half !  A number of ICE powered mower decks could be used by adding the wheels and roller and using one larger motor thru a belt or three smaller motors bolted in place of the blade bearing assembly.  Many companies make permanent magnet motors like the deck motors.  Buying one of a kind is surely expensive, but buying a lot of 100 or more makes the difference.

Why not take this pool of money and approach a motor manufacture and have them build 1 or 200 deck motors.  Same with drive motors, D&D motors in New York makes a golf car motor that is a great replacement for the GE motor, plus it has more power.  One off price is around 3-400 bucks, but order a 100 and the price drops drastically.  It uses a standard golf car controller from Curtis or my company Alltrax.  I have pictures of one installed on my E15 when I was experimenting with it.  E-Mail me if you want a copy of the pictures.

Lets use our heads here, I can't see sending hundreds of dollars for the priviledge of buying from someone who dosen't want to have a business anymore ?

Bill Gunn, what's your position,  are you in or out ?

Respectfully

Steve Richardson
Alltrax Inc
scr echoweb net