Re: (ET) How do you remove the mower motor flanges?

One hint:  It does look like the factory "peened" the end with a punch or
something.  Am I correct in that the motor shaft goes to the bottom of the
flange there?  Or should I be putting the force against a bolt screwed in
there (ie: The motor shaft is not as long as I think)

The motor sfaft does not go thru the flange.  put in a longer fine thread
bolt so it sticks out about 1 inch beyond the flange.  Heat the outside of
the flange with a propane thorch then pull the flange off using a puller
that pushes against the bolt head.  I thought the same thing about the
shaft
and learned the hard way.