(ET) coop fee to Bill (let's commit to him now)

No, it is not a deposit good for a future order.  It is simply a fee
that will give you a 'membership' .  This will enable you to buy from
Bill as you historically have.  If he can get $100 from everyone who
orders (once a year), maybe this dying business won't have to die so
soon.  But the $100 will never be seen by you again.  That will go
straight to Bill to use as he pleases.  This is assuming that we get
enough people interested and he agrees to do it.

I like the 25% each quarter idea, but I think that may make it too
complicated for him.  I think the easier it is to understand and deal
with, the better off we are.  Does anyone have any reason not to believe
him if he verbally agrees to sell to us for the next 12 months based on
me giving him a bulk sum?  I won't be getting any lawyers or formal
agreements drawn up.

And, God forbid, if he were to die, we each just lost $100.  That is why
after he agrees to continue selling to us, a plan must be quickly
devised to transition the business to someone else, or a formal coop.

Keep up the support, as I think we have a good start,

-Clay