Re: (ET) Re: Parts NOT needed -- cautionary tale(s)

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:30:47 -0400, Chris Zach wrote:
> A big truth: When you're working inside the box there, TURN THE MAIN
> CONTACTOR OFF!
>
> Simple solution to keep things from exploding in one's face.
>
> Chris

Well, I left out some info in my story.  The TZAP incident occurred when I
was
troubleshooting the live circuit.  I had the relay in question unscrewed
so I
could get to the wires while the power was disconnected, but I had
momentarily
reconnected power to try the system after I had put back all the wires.
That's
when the distraction occurred and when my hand accidentally knocked the
dangling
relay aside and made one of the connections contact another relay causing
the
TZAP.

The moral of my story is when testing a live circuit, don't have
distractions
around.  I.e., make sure to keep connections from bumping into others when
testing a live circuit.

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com