(ET) Ideas, Age, etc.

Hi Everbody,

For starters, I am going to raise the average age a bit. I will be 76 in September. I have a E10M which I bought new on July 8, 1972. The price with tax was $1152.57.

I think that it is time I added my $0.02 worth  Tabulating the ages of the people in the group is a good idea. We also need to know the total number of people on the list. The total number of ET's is also important. I think that the list has the number of ET's each person has. I think that we also need a tally of the number of owners who would be willing to join and pay a COOP of some type. Then I think that we would need some numbers for what would be a reasonable cost to join the COOP.

It is possible that owners of more than one should pay a little more. We can use numbers and opinions on that too. I would plan to join if the cost is reasonable (maybe even if it isn't). We certainly need some new source of parts. The archiving of FAQ's or something similar is going to be very important too. A good search function is vital also. I wonder if a COOP could offer Bill some sort of Retainer payment for expert advice, etc. It would probably have to limit the level of help in some way or Bill probably wouldn't got for it (he might not go for it in any case).

There have been a lot of good ideas shared on this list. We need to pick the best ones for action.

I have been looking at the manuals and etc. which I have collected. I found a parts and price list for ET's which I got from Bill many years ago (dated 02/18/87. I find). It contains a very rudimentary Description and various Part Numbers-one or more of the following: Wheelhorse, GE, and New Idea. There is no mention of the Model No. of the ET's given. I don't know if we have anything like this available on the web or elsewhere now. I also have the Transaxle Sshop Manual which I got from Bill a couple of years ago.

If we don't have either or both of these available now, I would probably undertake to scan them. I have a scanner and a rather old OCR program which i could try out on these.

I talked to Bill around 18 May. One of the things I found out is that he couldn't find anyone who would supply him with just brake pads for the ET's. He said that his supplier was worried about safety and the possibility of lawsuits if they weren't installed correctly. I ordered a complete caliper assembly with the pads already installed. I don't know if this is the same part used on all models. I got it today, so he is still filling orders that he got in time. I had mailed him the check for it about 18 May.

Herb Crary
Boulder CO