Re: [RMX:#] (ET) 48v ET

Dave,
If those panels are Amorphous Silicon, well, they
seriously deteriorate.
My 1,376 watt array will only put out 1,054watts, a
24% deterioration in 6yrs. (but, they are only
warrentied 10 years but the manufacturer went out of
Biz anyway)
Single crystal Si only goes down 1/2% a year.
I would only buy either Single or polycrystal panels.
they last a LOT longer. and are 3-4x more powerful for
the same covered area.
I am trying to go "all-electric" as possible.
There is a reason that only Uni-Solar makes amorphous
Si PV panels.
During Hurricane Isabel, I removed all the batteries
from my ET and was running a few lights and a small
radio but the surge current on the refrigerator was
too much, while muttering about the useless array on
the roof that i couldn't even recharge my ET batteries
with.
Next time the grid fails I want lots of battery backup
and the ET will help
(see, this message is vaguely related to ET's)