RE: (ET) front deck E20 mower mowing quality improvements?

The ET can deliver good quality lawn mowing, but you have to make sure the deck is in perfect shape. The frame has to be straight and true. Mower shafts have be true, the blades need to be replaced if you do not know how old they are. Just because you have sharpened and balanced there might no be enough metal left on them to deliver a quality cut. The wheels and rollers have to be true and easy to turn. You can check the deck by trying to roll it on level concrete by hand to see if it pulls one way or the other. The deck underside should be clean of any old caked on grass from last year. Three rollers on the back shaft separated by PVC pipe work just fine. Make sure the deck is level to the ground adjust the front and back adjusters to get the height and level you need.

This advice is good for any mower deck not just the ET.

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS

Bloomington, In. 47408-7378

812-855-5367 IP phone 812-856-9229

hazen indiana edu http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/

Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us

"The complexity of your life is directly proportional to how many gas engines you own - 2 cycles count double."