Re: (ET) new technology and abandening the ICE (Chris Zach)(Ted Lowe)

Re: Chris Zach's question about Alltrax schematic being public domain . . .

I am guessing not . . .

So, that makes it harder to repair ourselves, or improve if possible
(better
switching transistors usually become available over the years - they run
cooler, withstand more surge, cost less, etc)

There is probably enough talent in this group to design our own, or reverse
engineer the AllTrax design.

But, since I have been part of teams doing both over the years, I think I
can say it would be much easier if Alltrax design is:
A) 'Robust',
B) well matched to ET loads
C) well supported by factory in case repairs are needed
D) Alltrax stays in business for at least 10 years, and maintains support
capability (or improved designs) for at least that long.

All these things are possible, and reasonable.
(I hope the above works out - I just want to use the tractor these days)

Otherwise, in a couple years, maybe we get a few people working together to
design our own controller ?

Re: another Part of Chris Comments - 'tracing wires'

All the Electrak wires are the same color, and many the same thickness -
tracing is a pain.

Compare the ElecTrak schematic to the Alltrax one  - the Alltrax is FAR
simpler to trace  !

Re:  grouping both comments, and Ted Lowe's comments (indirectly)  - I got
rid of a 15 year old Ford Bronco 2, because of corroded wiring harness
connections (among other things).  The microprocessor engine control was
still the original one  - working perfectly.
Ted's replacement cost was so high because so few are made.