Re: (ET) Poor performance & hot wires ?

I'd check the field circuit. Without field voltage the armature will draw large amounts of power, and overheat the series resistor and also result in very low torque.

At 10:15 AM 3/26/04 , SteveS wrote:
Sounds like the throttle is not energizing the coils to bypass the resistors .....

----- Original Message From: ted r lowe -----

> i have an E20 with fully charged batteries, but when i drive it, it goes very slowly and these large (heater like) wires under the hood get very warm. Can someone tell me what's going on ? ...

Paul and Sue Abendroth
pabendro gemair com
our permanent address is pabendroth dma org