Re: (ET) "gas pedal" - or rheostat??

Hi Paul,

I wired the brake switch,  seat switch and Key switch into the "Key Switch
Input" on our controller when I installed it in my E-15.  If you fall off
the ET it goes into regen braking mode.  If the brake switch is adjusted to
activate before the brakes actually grab then the controller goes into the
regen braking mode also, so you don't actually have to use the manual
brakes
except in a extreme situation.  And of course if you turn off the key
switch
it goes into regen braking mode.
The controller has "Roll Detect" built into it.  If you stop on a hill,
turn
off the key or just get off the ET and it starts rolling , it will go into
regen braking also.

I like the throttle lever also, although I'm not to happy with it being
under the steering wheel, I'm going to move mine to a more readily
available
location.  It doesn't have to be a pot controlling the speed.  It could be
rotary switch, a gang of micro switches or a radio type knob.  Even if you
turn a switch to the highest setting at the start, the controller will ramp
the speed up the setting you have selected at a rate determined by the "Fwd
Ramp rate" which is user adjustable.

Thanks

Steve
scr echoweb net