Re: (ET) pollution

You're number 5 to ask that question! I will now post this to the list, even if everyone thinks it's off topic.
Biodiesel is great stuff, and it is easy, and very cost effective.

the following is the pasted text from the last 4 replies I sent out, except I changed the link to the biofuels page, which has a link to biodiesel, and a bunch of pollution and efficiency stats that are germane to previous discussions:

I make Biodiesel, but you can also run straight vegetable. The short story is that you either modify the oil, or you modify your engine. I have been running homemade BD for 5 years, for a combine mileage of 100,000 miles. I hope to switch to straight veg oil, but it is some work, and I haven't gotten around to it. Some tractor manufacturers will honor warranties when using BD, but probably not with homemade. BD is available commercially, but not very widely. I understand that in Minnesota, they make allot of it from soy oil, and put it into all the diesel fuel sold in the state in order to replace the lost lubricity from removing some of the sulfur to help make it pollute less. BD is functionally identical to diesel fuel, and burns much cleaner, and doe not contribute to global warming. I get my oil for free from a place that fries corn chips, some people get it from restaurant grease bins.

The best info for making yer own Biodiesel is at http://www.journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html , they have recipes, pictures and instructions on how to make your own equipment. I would
add that when you start to make your equipment, some good suppliers are
www.farmtek.com
www.teksupply.com
www.northentool.com
www.graingers.com
www.mcmastercarr.com
the journey to forever mail list is a great resource; there is priceless info in the archives, that is new technology being invented before our eyes. It has
a lot of traffic, and the subscribers are from all over the world.
Contact craigreece earthlink net to get info and hardware for converting your truck/car/tractor to straight veg oil. That should give anyone enough to go all the way with veg oil, as it did for me.

Fixinguys aol com wrote:

I have a JD 332 16 horse diesel tractor in addition to my e15; I would love any info on burning veg oil in my tractor that you would have.
Thanks!!
Steve Anderson