(ET) General discussion of motors

        Hi
        I am hoping to start a bit of a thread here and I hope that the
discussion is informative both from a historic and technical perspective.
The questions are.
1.)     When GE refers to large and small frame tractors are they talking
about the motors as in large frame and small frame or the steel backbone of
the tractor.
2.)     What type of motors are in each of the models and the accessories
and who manufactured them
                                -Large frame?
-       permanent magnet
-       Shunt wound
3.)     The E12's GE seem to have used a large frame motor, while in the
B145 Wheelhorse seems to have used a small frame is this correct?
4.)     Clearly the big motors in the tractors, blowers and cultivators are
GE are the motors in the mower decks and small frame tractor GE as well?

        Regards
        Geof Thompson B.Sc., C.L.S.
        905-336-4698 | facsimile / télécopieur 905-336-8916
        Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfp-mpo gc ca >
        Technical Services | Canadian Hydrographic Service | Services
Technique, Service hydrographique du Canada
        Central & Arctic Region | Région Centrale et de l'Arctique
        Fisheries and Oceans Canada | 867 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington,
(Ontario) L7R 4A6
        Pêches et Océans Canada | 867 chemin Lakeshore, Burlington
(Ontario)
L7R 4A6