Re: (ET) tractor

Hi Neil (and all),
never left this list, but have been quiet for a while.  Spent much of last
summer
away from the keyboard and at the cottage with electric tractor and
electric boat.
The ET was in regular service hauling concrete from road to construction
site
(under the cottage), moving trailers, grading roadways and driveways,
moving earth
and rocks, even dragging a heavy staircase around the property.

Brought the ET home at the end of the season, and tried using the plow
blade to
clear snow at home.  One round of that was enough, and I put the
snowblower back
on.  Long, snowy winter here, so the ET continued to earn it's keep,
including
doing a fair bit of street when the city plows seemed to have trouble
finding us.

It's been back to the rototiller for the past month or so, but I think
that period
is drawing to a close, so probably time to put the tiller away and take
the tractor
north again for the summer.

I use the tractor to launch the trailer with the electric boat - makes for
an
environmentally friendly launch for the zero-emissions boat.  And there's
lots more
construction work ahead, including a rain-water collection system to
eliminate
drawing water from the lake.  One more step to making the cottage a
4-season
property.

Other than that, lack of gainful employment is taking up a lot of time
(chasing
leads, lots of non-paying work about, and some time for personal projects,
such as
the online electric tractor inventory).  Made the shift from voluntary to
involuntary income interruption in January.

Hope to have the Black & Decker 8080 cordless electric reel mower (circa
mid-70s)
operational this year.  Don't have enough lawn left to justify even the
corded
mower I refurbished last fall (Cdn$15 at an auction last summer).  And
what little
lawn we had is disappearing as I tilled up some of the city land this
spring to
make more space for vegetables.  I still can't get over how the BH tiller
on the ET
just chops up roots.  And I am not deaf or shaking from shoulders to
fingertips
when I'm done.

What I need next is an ET attachment for dandelion removal.  The HC-05
cultivator
isn't fine enough, and mine needs some attention.

Thanks to everyone for their comments on the mystery tractor.  Hopefully
the owner
will join the list after seeing the ones I am forwarding to him.

Oh, and another EV buddy of mine has just picked up an E12 in Connecticut,
so
hopefully we will be hearing from him here soon as well.

Darryl