(ET) ELEC-TRAK in the UK

I have recently found and purchased an E12 here in the UK., it is the only one I have heard of in the UK

Questions

1 Has anyone any idea if elec-tracs were officialy imported into the UK and if so how many and what models and who were the dealers?

2 How were the ratings arived at ? 36 x 50 = 1800Watts
1800/746 = 2.4HP at 100% efficiency  at a more likley 80% efficiency =1.9 hp or am I missing something?

3 Is the transmission the same between the various models E12, E15 and E20 and how strong are they?  I would like to update the motor to a modern highefficincy permant magnet motor and PWM controller but how much power can the transmission take?

4 The pevious owner rather unfortunatly scrapped the cutter deck (and was just about to scrap the Elec-trac if I had accidentaly stumbled on it) What was the rating and speed of the motors on the cutting deck, I assume they were permant magnet motors? Any other info on cutter deck would be apreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris Goddard