[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) Weird Battery Behavior
- Subject: Re: (ET) Weird Battery Behavior
- From: HRANDALLPARKER cs com
- Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:20:37 EDT
- Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 21:21:43 -0400
- Envelope-to: elec-trak-outgoing cosmos phy tufts edu
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
I too just bought (6) new Sam's Club (Exide) batteries. However, they all charged up to approximately 6.43 volts (measured a reasonable amount of time after charging). I would have been concerned if they didn't get beyond 6.3 volts. That's the voltage I would have expected if the batteries were 25% discharged.
You should monitor the voltage during charging. It should come up to about 7.2 to 7.5 volts on each battery after you have replaced the bulk of the charge. If not, you should check out your charger.
By the way, I'm very pleased with the performance (mowing and tilling) of the new batteries, so far.