Re: (ET) Weird Battery Behavior

Hello Hump!

I too just bought (6) new Sam's Club (Exide) batteries.  However, they all charged up to approximately 6.43 volts (measured a reasonable amount of time after charging).  I would have been concerned if they didn't get beyond 6.3 volts.  That's the voltage I would have expected if the batteries were 25% discharged.

You should monitor the voltage during charging.  It should come up to about 7.2 to 7.5 volts on each battery after you have replaced the bulk of the charge.  If not, you should check out your charger.

By the way, I'm very pleased with the performance (mowing and tilling) of the new batteries, so far.

Randy Parker
Elec-Trak E-15