RE: (ET) got it running

I know it won't be cheap, but there is something very frustrating about using a 30 year old solution that was built out of off the shelve parts to begin with when there is an elegant control available. Anyway, all the "speeds" after the cruise light came on, just slowed the tractor down. Now, I hear relays go but no movement, voltage goes to 0 and the lights come on super bright when you hit the "gas". I am sure I have a short to ground somewhere.
John

From: Humphrey Timothy H Contr AFRL/IFEC <Timothy Humphrey rl af mil>
To: 'john briese' <goodguyforsure hotmail com>
Subject: RE: (ET) got it running
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:40:36 -0000

John;

My I5 was malfunctioning also.

Can you describe what yours was doing before it died. If your controller
card is bad, I may be able to help you fix it.

I am an electronic technician and the cards for the I5 control are simple
circuits. Bill gets $45 for a new card.(which is not bad) I rebuilt mine for
less than twelve.

It may be your card that's bad or it may not, if it isn't I would consider
going with the electronic PWM controllers which will greatly simplify the
wiring and get rid of most of the relays. However it will not be cheap.

Stay Charged!
Hump
I5/NY