(ET) Ryobi Mower - BMM2400

Found a Ryobi Cordless Mulching Mower Model BMM2400.
It was supposeably used one year and then sat for 5 to 6.
The mower is in excellent condition.

The owner said the battery was dead, but when I plugged in the charger the
light indicator "green" said it was charged,
although the state of battery meter showed dead.
Put a voltmeter on the battery and it looks like it is fully charged ~ 28 -
30 volts.
When I try to run it I get a high pitched whine and the motor turns a
quarter turn or more and stops.

Any suggestions on trouble shooting ?
Does anyone have a schematic or know where to get info on this mower ?
I got the original owners manual, but it is pretty basic.

Thanks;
Dennis
Elsberry, MO.