Re: (ET) ryobi [Virus checked]

If your 12V battery was measuring 2.2V it is dead beyond death. You can get
a charge on it but it will only be a surface charge. It will die in matter
of seconds. It is my understanding that if your battery is below the 0%
state of charge then it will more than likely be unrecoverable.

If I miss read what you were stating my apologies

Here is a open circuit measurement chart to go by that I found.

SG        Volt         SOC
1.265    12.66       100%
1.225    12.45       75%
1.190    12.24       50%
1.155    12.06       25%
1.120    11.89       0%

SG is Specific Gravity
SOC is State Of Charge

Dave Reuter

                      Dave & Debbie Barden

                      <daveb seanet com>               To:       <czach
computer org>, <wombat dssinternet net>,
                      Sent by:                          <elec-trak cosmos
phy tufts edu>
                      owner-elec-trak cosmos ph        cc:

                      y.tufts.edu                      Subject:  Re: (ET)
ryobi

                      05/19/2003 02:26 AM

54?!  how did you wire them, what's the pack voltage?

this wkend I just got a sears cordless mower running that I rescued from
the
dump.  The 24v charger came in the mail friday, the 12v sealed batts
measured
2.2volts each!  but after 2 days on the charger came up to 12.7v.  I ran it
but
only for a coupla seconds.  my charger did the same thing only the green
"ready" led ever lit up.  the red "charging" led never has come on.

there's not much grass here in my neighborhood here in town to test it on
so
I'll have to wait till next wkend when I bring it the farm.  I plan to use
it
for the lawn in close to the house and flower beds and the E-trac on the
other
1/2 ac of lawn.

dave