Re: (ET) controller help!!

Well, there is an alleged engineering shool in Ann Arbor.  Having attended
this alleged engineering shcool, I can say that, depite the best efforts
of the faculty, there may be 1 or 2 people there who could look at this
without injuring themselves or requiring a 7 figure federal grant.

Regards,

Brad Fayette

In a message dated 5/19/2003 9:12:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, tchapin
umich edu writes:

> I am trying to electrify my pontoon.  I picked up a Neptune engine
> mounted trolling motor used.  The motor connects to the lower unit of
> the gas motor.  The controller is a separate unit.  The input is 24
> volts; the unit also has a reastat and forward/backward control.
> Currently the controller not working power is coming into it and I can
> detect voltage at the reastat but no voltage is making it to the
> forward/backward switch and of course no voltage is coming as output
> from the controller.   Goldeneye Products (made the motor) seems to have
> gone under sense the 800 number no longer works and there is no
> reference to the Goldeneye Products in Eden Prairie MN any more.  Where
> should I go to have someone take a look at this controller?  I can
> rewire a trailer but this controller is a little more complicated than
> that.  I live near Ann Arbor
> Mi and don't know where to start the hunt.

  Brad