(ET) IT LIVES !

My "New to me" E-15 is alive and mowing.

I drove 849 miles in one day to pick up this tractor. I got the tractor, deck, snowblower and a bunch of small parts for $400.
 As I was unloading the tractor at home one of the batteries blew it's top. One of the list members suggested that the batteries might be low on fluid. You would think that after owning an Elec-Trac for 10 years I would know to check fluid levels when a tractor has been stored. The wonder is not that a battery blew but that only one blew. The plates were exposed in 4 of the six.
After replacing the blown battery and topping all off the tractor works fine.

Can I replace an E-!5 motor with an E-20 motor? The motor on this unit runs but sounds like the bearings are dry. I got an E-20 motor some time ago when I bought my E-12. If I can't use the E-20 motor does anyone have an E-15 motor to swap?

The small parts that came with the E-15 include a new, still in the wrapper, diode board for the charger many releys and switches. There is also a new never used rubber skirt for the back of the deck. There is also a new brake pedel arm, a set of chains, fuses and etc. etc.

The previous owner said the tractor was in the garage when he bought his house, He had never used it because it was "too big".

With the new tractor and my old one my wife and I should cut mowing time in half.

Keep on Trac ing.
Marty Canada

Do you Yahoo!?