From: Dave Reuter [mailto:david reuter iavinc com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 10:15 AM
To: Neil Dennis
Cc: Elec-trak
Subject: Re: (ET) motor voltage [Virus checked]

Neil,

That true, The motor chassis might not been able to handle additional heat.
Now that I think about it the application I am looking at is variable speed
so I will be regulating the current. Also the applications that I have done
this to in the pass were also all regulated with a PWM control. I hadn't
thought about the application being unregulated.  My mind these days is so
geared to traction drives right now I guess I over looked it.

Dave Reuter

                      Neil Dennis

                      <wombat dssinternet net>         To:       Elec-trak
<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
                      Sent by:                         cc:

                      owner-elec-trak cosmos ph        Subject:  (ET)
motor voltage
                      y.tufts.edu

                      05/16/2003 09:47 AM

Dave, how do you think I burnt out the lift motor  ?  Ran it on either
24 or 36 ( I think 24 volts).  That's why I'm thinking smaller gauge
wire to increase resistance of winding and limit current.

wombat