Fw: (ET) GE Motor Codes

 Here's a start:

 From the only documentation I could find from the GE web site:

 The 5BCY series is only identified in a list of "Other small DC motors"

 The 'C' indicates a wound field. Permanent magnet motors have a 'P' in
it's
 place.

The '56' is the frame size.

 As a point of reference, my E12S motor (same as E15 I think) is a
5BCY56RA6

 From another GE reference:

 ---------------------
 The history of the GE model numbering system is actually quite old dating
 back to the early 1900's.
 Today's system has evolved from many years of experience. Learning from
the
 past, it became quite clear
 to GE a system was needed to identify motor characteristics, ratings, and
 accessories with the model
 number alone. This system was first devised and implemented around 1970.
An
 example of a model
 number would be 5CD194HA001A001. About 75% of our replacement requests are
 of this format.

 Another format for model numbers following this pattern:
 5CD14D02A112003 5CD580G12AB

 These types of model numbers have been in use since about 1960 and are the
 second most frequent style
 seen on a daily basis representing about 15% of our requests. With these
two
 types of model numbers, it is
 impossible to specify completely which motor is being requested without a
 serial number.

 About 5% of the replacement requests have model numbers with format:
 33A1557 5B225A50

 I'm guessing our motor numbering system is in the middle group.

 - SteveS