RE: (ET) Voltmeters/battery

I agree. A 220AH battery will hardly notice the occasional use of the
lift. If you a worried about this rotate your batteries after every
mowing. Na I did not say that:) I guess under some use like tilling, the
rear lift is used a lot causing the rear tapped cells to be discharged
more than the front batteries? If this is a problem then you could use a
12 charger and charge the pack three times. rear/rear, rear/front and
the front batteries to equalize the charge over the pack. A six volt
charger would be even better. But it would take days! You could use the
internal charger to bulk charge then finish off the pack using a 12 0r 6
volt charger. Elec-Traks are so much fun!

Some one said they noticed that the new battery they added to their
Electrac was not charging or discharging at the same rate as the older
batteries in the tractor. This is exactly what happens when you place a
new battery in with old ones. It is best to change them all.

In fact I had to return two brand new batteries a few years ago due to
an imbalance of over .2 volts between the other four. The owner of the
store still tries to give me a hard time about that one. He says he
never had a customer return a battery because it was too good! But I
will only accept a .1 volt difference between new batteries. The owner
and I figure the two batteries had a different acid mix in them from the
factory. They performed better than the other four but were not matched
to the pack ever after a few charge discharge cycles.

I have done lots of Elec-Traking this week. Mowing, yard sweeping and
wood trailer towing due to a wind storm that dropped two trees into my
yard. More fun that a person should have.

 Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378
812-855-5367 IP phone 317-278-4014
hazen indiana edu http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/
Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us