RE: (ET) Voltmeters/battery

It might be, if that's all you use the lights and lift.  Let me give you
one very real example:

I have a tiller, disc and cultivator.  I have an acre and a half of
strawberries, raspberries and other
garden things.  The rows are about 160' long.  I LIFT the tiller at the
end of each row.  I can't till
the whole thing on one charge.  Tilling is slow, so I don't run the lift
that often as a percent of the
run time.  Then I got the disc.  I STILL LIFT the disc at the end
(although it's not as heavy), but I
get at the end real quick.  With about 150 rows, in one disc session, I
lift the disc 150 times in about
2 hours.  When I'm done, the 3 lift batteries are ALL down about .4V from
the others.  That represents a
whale of a lot of charge.  Happily, the lights are tapped of different
batteries, but if you mowed for 2
hours at night I suspect you would see a similar issue.  The problem is
not that it 'hurts' anything,
just that you have to charge an extra hour or more to equalize the
batteries, or trickle up the ones
that dropped.

BTW, the rear lift taps separate from the front lift, with it's own
separate line fuse and switch.

The lift can't have anything to do with the long term condition of my
front 2 batteries.

Larry Elie