RE: (ET) Chainsaw Price

GOOD AC Electric chainsaw's (Husqvarna, Stihl, etc.)will run you $200-300.
believe the ET saw is built of the same rugged qualities as these.

 I myself have a 3.5hp Remington, 110vac, bought it for about 50 bucks. It
cuts just as well as, if not better than my 35cc McCulloch. I'm happy with
it but I don't expect it to last long. Consumer Reports recently did a
review of homeowner type chainsaws and they rank the Remington bottom of
the
pile for electrics, the top was the largest Sears model, around 90 bucks
here. I'll admit it does SEEM to be better built than the Remington, though
I've never used it.

Bottom Line: The ET saw is probably worth $250.00 but it may be overkill
for
the average Joe. I heat exclusively with wood cut off my own lot, I will
probably but an ET saw, but I need an ET first.

Stay Charged!

Hump

P.S. My Remington cuts (slowly) on 12Vdc, I wonder what it would do on
36Vdc.