Re: (ET) advice needed

Thanks Steve,

I was checking for 36v going to the coils of the contactors and didn't find any voltage. I don't hear the contactors making any effort to drop in. The fuel meter is functioning properly and the use meter seems to work as it does indicate a small load when the lights are turned on. I didn't check for voltage on the relay contacts, will give that a try.

Thanks for the tips.

Barry

I'll take a shot.

1. First most electrical problems are due to bad connections. Wiggle wires
first. Good places to check are the reversing relay and field connections
the motor.

2. Working lift, lights, and accessory outlet means the basics are ok, but
that leaves a fair amount unchecked.

3. You mention not seeing voltage at the contactors. On the coil contacts,
relay contacts, both? Please explain a bit what and how you are measuring
here.

4. If the reverse relay is actually clicking, then you have power to the
control board and Fuse 3 is ok.  The fuel gauge shoudl be indicating if
Fuse
3 is ok.  Assuming this is true then you need to walk thru the motor
circuit.

5. With motor drive on (and gearbox in neutral and hair, etc out of range
of
the belts and pulleys) check voltages at the motor armature and field
connections. If they aren't present there then back up thru the 2A, 1A, and
L contactors.

I assume you have the schematic. It is very helpful in tracing things out.

SteveS
E12S (pretty much like your E15)