Re: (ET) Controllers

This topic is of interest to me as part of the reason I wanted an Elec-Trak
is to learn more about electric vehicles. I have seen some pretty detailed
discussion in here about motors and controllers, so it seems we have some
knowledgeable people around.

OK, now that I've buttered you up....

It would probably be of general interest if someone would take the time to
write up a bit about the various motors used in the ETs and their
construction (series, compound, etc). Topics like how field weakening
increases speed, etc. would also be good. If there is a good reference book
out there, let me know. I've read up in a couple books, but don't even know
enough to be dangerous yet. Thinking about it now, a good place to start
would be real information on the the actual motors we are dealing with. I
tried to get info from GE but they replied back that basically they had no
information to give out.

I hate to see that battery power wasted in those big resistors..... (I
know,
go full speed).

SteveS
E12S