RE: (ET) time for a new pack...

How long are you charging?  Is your charger on a long extension cord?

Does your 'fuel' (voltage) gauge work?

After SEVERAL hours (perhaps 6 for 'low' batteries) the needle should go
out of the green ('F' value 45V {!}) and go into the charge region.
SEVERAL hours later, as the (probably mis-matched) batteries equalize, you
should peak at about (in my case) 47V.  After disconnecting, and waiting a
few hours, you would have a value (again in my case) of about 42.5 to 43V.
 That's charged for my batteries.  In my case, it is for 6 "Sam's Club"
(not super) batteries, of which two are one brand (215 AmpHour) and 4 are
another (220 AmpHour).  They were bought in pairs over a one-year period.
All are at least 4 years old.  A 'full charge' will mow for 4 hours in
first gear cutting 1.5" of grass off the top without problem.  This is
about 1.5 acres.  A matched set of good batteries would do better, but
probably only 15 or 20% better.  I get about 3.5 hours in second gear, if
the grass is a bit shorter, and that cuts more than 2 acres.

Don't be afraid to 'trickle-charge' pairs (or if you have a 6V trickle
charger, singles) if one battery just refuses to come up to 7V or so.  I
have seen that help a lot, and after a few discharges the 'almost bad'
battery start to perform like the rest of the pack.  If you don't trickle
the 'almost bad' battery, the GE charger just can't bring that one battery
up to parity with the rest.

Larry Elie