RE: (ET) axles

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim [mailto:fiskfarm mediaone net]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 10:08 AM
To: Pieter Litchfield
Cc: Discussion list Electrac tractor
Subject: Re: (ET) axles

Hi Pieter,

The reducer rings (3/4 to 1/2") used for reducing the size of knockouts
on electrical panels are quite thin and make great shims for taking out
the play on your steering gears. Don't let it go too long as the looser
they are, the faster they wear. I run the rear of the tractor up on
ramps to make it easier to get underneath.

Had a magnet come loose on one of my mower motors yesterday. Replaced
the whole thing, but I was wondering if anyone has tried epoxying that
sucker back into place with any success. Also, has anyone figured out
what causes them to come loose?"

"

Bill told me this is not something a consumer can do; he farms it out.
Bill
was charging $90 last I knew for a rebuilt shell with magnet.

I have had them de-laminate as well, and fracture.  Heat could
de-laminate, and vibration can fracture them.  I broke 2 trying to remove
bearings early on.
BTW, I don't recommend it but I had one motor that someone had removed a
chunk
of broken magnet from and re-assemble.  It still worked.

Larry Elie