RE: (ET) Re: ET mower motor removal...it worked!

Like others, I too use stainless bolts on the deck, nut side to the top.  I
have used nylon insert stainless locking nuts with good success.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Allan V
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 11:42 AM
To: elec-trak mailing list
Subject: Re: (ET) Re: ET mower motor removal...it worked!

We used stainless on one of our decks about 20 years ago and it's been much
easier to work on.  The only problem is that even now, after 20 years, a
bolt
will occasionally vibrate lose!  In addition to lock washers (which we
used),
I'd recommend using a "glue", like LocTite.  I've wondered it we could have
saved some money and avoided this by using a steel nut with a stainless
bolt,
but I think that would probably be asking for trouble!

Allan