(ET) Conversion to Fet Motor controller?

Hello Folks,

I have had a E-20 now for about 5 years and I really enjoy the tractor.
What I would like to do is hear from anyone that has done a conversion to a
FET bases
speed controller for the traction motor.

I think I could handle the circuitry conversion but I sure there would also
be some pitfalls.
Which controller was used?   What did you do with the field winding?  Tie
the 36 VDC.

As far as current is concerned I once did a test using a 1000 Amp Shunt and
found there to be
around 330 amps of locked rotor current so with this in mind I have an idea
as to what size controller.
This was with new Trojan 220 bats.

Would like to hear from others.  Please post to the list.

Paulc
W1VLF

Cloudbounce Webpage  http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/
Rescue Electronic Surplus http://www.rescueelectronics.com

1982 Vanagon Diesel  Turbo Diesel 1.9
GE Electrak E20 and E15  electric tractors
First place in local tractor pulls  at 1750 LBS
With Stock E-20 Electric tractor