Re: (ET) Mower motor restoration

Kevin,

Why not get the bearings replaced on the original motor? Pretty much any
electric motor rebuild shop will do the work.

Don

>>> <KevinC927 aol com> 02/14/01 07:15PM >>>
Has anyone out there had to deal with a magnetless mower motor.  The
bearings
in one of my motors have gotten "stiff", so I pulled out the "spare" motor
purchased with my mower deck and found out moments ago when I disassembled
it
to check the brushes that the magnets are missing!  Doah!

Any suggestions?  Anybody thought of gluing a series of neodymium magnets
in
to replace lost or broken magnets?  (Hair-brained suggestion #1 from me)

Kevin Carter