RE: (ET) E15 on Ebay, a helping hand

 Don,

 I agree with every thing said about bringing your E15 back to life. Jack
the front end up and make sure the steering is free after you do the lubing
and shimming (if needed). I had problems with the tie rod ends, they needed
oil in them. I did not figure this out until I jacked the front end off the
ground and was able to feel/see the binding taking place.

 Also after you run your tractor awhile disconnect the main switch and use
your hand to look for hot connections. Battery connection, motor
connections
any high current connection should be looked at. You will learn what is
normal and what is not real quick!  Also feel the three motors on the deck
to make sure they are all the same temperature after you have mowed awhile.
after many years the thermal cutouts on the motors may not work and you can
burn a motor out! I learned this the hard way.

 BE SURE and check for mouse nests A friend burned his charger out because
of a mouse nest on the transformer. In fact it darn near burnt his tractor
up..

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net