Re: (ET) E15 on Ebay, a helping hand

Yes, all good advice. Boy it's hard to sit at the computer and restore a
tractor in your head and remember everything. As more advice comes in we
should
combine them all together. Mice is a big one. I have had less trouble with
them
on tractors where I have left the control cover off. (unsightly though!)
They
love that spot and can do a lot of damage particularly high up inside
where the
pc boards sit. Be sure and open the other cover under the hood to check
that
area out as that gives you a better vantage point. They raise hell with my
snowmobiles too.

Again Mobile 1 for the steering knuckles. (tie rod ends)

Also on the mowers it is very common for the brushes to seize up from
aluminum
corrosion of their carriers. I remove the brushes and scrape the au clean.
coat the carriers with a little Break Away to prevent future trouble. It is
important to keep the mowers covered as rain seeps into the motors and
does a
lot of damage. Not so much of a problem on the main motors as they are
protected under the tractor.

The only time I have seen the brushes wear out was on a tractor that had
been
used to mow a motel lawn (all hills) for @ 30 years, so I wouldnt worry too
much about worn brushes otherwise.

Jim