(ET) Lightning Strike

Yo Gents!

Excitement last night.  Storm moved through and a very near lightning
strike.  I had forgotten the E-20 was charging.  Relays in house
tripped and the one for the garage would not reset. 30amp relay.

Checked and found:

    The normal hummmmmm of the charger is now a loud rattle.

    As soon as I heard this the charger was turned off.

    The motor still runs well (forward and reverse)

Before I start into the innards does anyone suspect that the "rattle"
means?

Thanks
Bill Rials
Hillsdale, Michigan