From: Barry Woods [mailto:barry woods wright edu]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 10:28 AM
To: Elec-Trak@Cosmos5. Phy. Tufts. Edu
Subject: (ET) locked-motors

Hi  Gang,

I found an Elec-Trak deck this weekend.  It had been laying in the weeds
in a junkyard for (what looks like) about 20 years. It's solid though,
no rust through.  Two out of the three motors are rusted tight.  I
cannot  rotate the blades by hand.  I attempted to soak the bearings
with penetrating oil by spraying between the blade shaft and motor
housing, but it hasn't done any good.  I also cannot get the top of the
motor to come off. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Barry

Barry Woods