Re: (ET) locked-motors

In a message dated 8/28/0 10:29:59 AM, barry woods wright edu wrote:

<<Two out of the three motors are rusted tight.  I
cannot  rotate the blades by hand.  I attempted to soak the bearings
with penetrating oil by spraying between the blade shaft and motor
housing, but it hasn't done any good.  I also cannot get the top of the
motor to come off. Any suggestions?>>

hi barry,  the bottom bearings should in all likelyhood be replaced.  even
if
they did turn, you don't want to do further damage by using bearings that
will likely heat up too much, burn the armature, or loosen the magnets.
it
will probably take a press to get them off.
    re top of motor, its often the brushes and corrosion that make it
difficult.  prying and tapping with chisel have always worked for me.
good
luck, jon k