(ET) elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu

Thanks for all the great input.
I tried the following with some success & some difficulty.

1. The power pack I charged for three days and it brought the voltage up to <36 volts. So I used the tracter long enought to drop it to 28 volts and then charged again for 2 days. The batteries seems to be responding reasonabley to the cycling so I am encouraged that they may yet have life in them. Each battery was showing at least 6 volts by the end of the charge. I will also pick up the battery tester suggested by Cape Code Jim (thanks)to test each battery. (Looking Up)

2. The Speed Control lever unfortunetely did no better at the full voltage. It still would shift from forward to reverse normally but would not accelerate to a higher speed at all just ?on or off? All the graduated speed control has disappeared. I will pick up the home "owners manual" from technical services to follow the trouble shooting sequence. But if anyone has any other insights please pass them on? (Still Puzzeled)

3. When I worked on the mover the one blade was a little stiff so I inverted the mover and dropped oil into what appeared to be the lower bearing. It now spins more freely and does not heat up appreciably faster than the others. Possibly this solved the problem but I will monitor it closly. (looking Up)

4. I found the brakes pretty weak. It seems obvious, but I am humble enough to be hessitant to mess with them without some guidence. Is it just the one adjustment? How does one adjust the rear brake? (hessitant)

I Thank You All for the input!

Garnet McPherson ? lifesmith hotmail com
Green Planet Foundation ? Eco Centre
Colborne Ontario
(ET15 & Commuta-Car)