RE: (ET) Parts

Ummm...  Not quite Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Barnes [mailto:barnesr nwlink com]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 4:12 PM
To: Elec-Trak@Cosmos5. Phy. Tufts. Edu
Subject: RE: (ET) Parts

;I would be more likely to purchase parts from Technical Service if they at
;least published a price list or catalog. I do not know what parts they
have,
;and if they are at a price I am willing to pay. I do not like calling and
;asking if they have this or that and how much. Then, you have to call back
;to get the shipping costs after you make up your mind what you want.

No, even if you TELL HIM you will call back, he calls you.  Then he can
give
that
call as part of the cost of doing business.  Also, I have bought from him,
even
been to his shop (very nice visit if you are in the Wisconsin Dells area)
yet he
has just given me a new customer number and I think he believes I have
never

dealt with him before.  He is fine with computers; it's just the internet
he
sees
as a waste.  I think next time I order it will be by mail (he hasn't taken
cards
in years...) and send a check for what I think is fair + 10% and let him
pocket
the difference...   Let's see, I need some brushes for the 4.5" dia motors
(and I
can get better sealed bearings at Detroit Ball Bearing locally), anyone
know
what
he is asking for sets of brushes, springs, etc.?

Larry Elie