Re: (ET) Other Batteries?

Larry, this idea takes it out of the "slam dunk" area and into "a little work" but it may be worthwhile.  If the kids are young ones and you are at all concerned about their potentially getting it on a steep cross slope and tipping it, you might want to lower the center of gravity.  If the tractor will just be a rider and you won't need to worry about clearance underneath, you could hang the batteries under the floor by way of simple brackets instead of puting them into the usual boxes.  Sixty or eighty pounds underneath would make it just about untippable.

"Elie, Larry (L.D.)" wrote:

As part of my 'getting ready for summer' program, I picked up a few more ET's....  for parts mostly, and I am still collecting more parts.  You should see my yard with 5 ET's in it!  Now for the question.Among the ET's is a very nice condition E10 that has lost it's deck along the way.  Since I have a very good working E12, and will have another working E15 soon, I don't really need the tractor. However, my kids think it is so cute that they would like it to run around the farm on.  Since it won't be doing any real work, I'm tempted to put (3) 12V marine batteries in it instead of (6) 6V golf cart batteries.  The cost is a bit less, but it isn't that much less, but the weight would be much less, and I do worry about kids running around on these things.  Anyone tried 12V batteries?  I would be happy with 1 hour of 4 or 5 mph running across the yard type of life out of them.  Any other ideas?Larry Elie