Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 1:57 PM
Subject: (ET) Other Batteries?

As part of my 'getting ready for summer' program, I picked up a few more ET's....  for parts mostly,
and I am still collecting more parts.  You should see my yard with 5 ET's in it!  Now for the question.

Among the ET's is a very nice condition E10 that has lost it's deck along the way.  Since I have a
very good working E12, and will have another working E15 soon, I don't really need the tractor.
However, my kids think it is so cute that they would like it to run around the farm on.  Since it won't
be doing any real work, I'm tempted to put (3) 12V marine batteries in it instead of (6) 6V golf cart
batteries.  The cost is a bit less, but it isn't that much less, but the weight would be much less, and
I do worry about kids running around on these things.  Anyone tried 12V batteries?  I would be happy
with 1 hour of 4 or 5 mph running across the yard type of life out of them.  Any other ideas?

Larry Elie